5.28.2011

Art from Bathroom Trash??

I've seen several things lately using toilet paper tubes, of all things, to create super cute and unique works of art.

Like these:
Homemade Mamas


Rhonna Designs
Creative Jewish Mom









Super cute right? And CHEAP!

So here's what I did to make my very own.

I started with toilet paper tubes, paper towel tubes and one ginormous wrapping paper tube

Smash them all in half like so and cut into strips. I didn't measure, but you could. I thought the varying heights gave it a little more interest. Plus, as you know, I'm lazy.

 I ended up with 2 piles because my wrapping paper tube was a different size. In the end I decided it didn't matter and just mixed them all up.



Then pick your design and hot glue them all together. This is very tedious. I suggest watching something fabulous on tv while you do this.


To paint it, I tried to use spray paint, but it didn't want to stick very well. So I used white spray primer instead. You could put paint on top of the primer if you want, but this piece is going up very high in my family room and I felt like it didn't really need the extra paint. 

Here it is on the wall.





Gorgeous! Don't cha think? I love it!

Don't you just love my red wall? Another post on that disaster coming very soon!


Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. that is pretty neat! and affordable to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been saving my toilet paper rolls to do this. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've had this idea in my mind for a while now to do this on my office ceiling...over the entire thing. It's not a huge room, but I'm afraid I'll be biting off more than I can chew with the ceiling. Any thoughts?

    I hope you'll come link to the A2D Sunday Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing....so creative....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love all your tutorials! You are so crafty.
    Happy Memorial week end! I would love a follow back and a hi!
    Frenchy
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat idea! I love the design you chose! I agree, tedious project go a lot quicker with the TV on or music! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...