8.11.2011

Chair Covers

My brother-in-law teaches seminary in the mornings at his house
He asked me to make these chair covers with the kids names on them
He wanted me to make 14 of them!!!
14!!!!

Holy smokes!!
This happens to be a super busy month for me each year and I was a little worried about this project
BUT, he's family and he's done a lot for us in the past

So this is kindof what he wanted
I've been thinking on how to best accomplish 14 of these
Then on Sunday while I was brushing my teeth, I thought, painters drop cloth!!

So here's how it went down...
{I'd like to apologize for the crappy photos now...I don't have much time to write this and I figured just doing the post was more important than stellar photos...hope you agree}
 Lay out drop cloth...draw lines for cutting...cut...I laid the 2nd one on top and cut them both together
 I had 4 long strips like this...I took each one and hemmed the cut edges...some had pre-finished hems from the edges of the drop cloth...then I just stacked them and cut my sections

 Fold in half, right sides together and sew up the sides...add a snap in the center...and voila!
 Use super spiffy neon fabric markers to write the kids names {I'm missing 2 still}
Stick on chair and snap! Oh snap!
This isn't the chair he's using, this is mine, but I thought I'd test it out.
I'm sure they'll look way better on his chairs, not so tight on the sides, but whatever.
Now the kids know where they're sitting every day.

Mission accomplished!!

Much Love~
Meredith 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...