2.07.2012

{Sewing Tip Tuesday} #2

Are you ready for another sewing tip? I know you are...



Ok so this one isn't my own tip, it's from Martha Stewart. She's so smart...even though I bet "she" didn't actually come up with this tip, her staff did...but I love her all the same.

I'm pretty sure this one photo will explain it all, so here ya go!

Martha Stewart

Do you see what's happening here? When hemming something, draw a line on cardstock for how large you want your hem to be, then just match your fabric edge to the line and iron! SOOO GENIUS!! I'm actually bummed I can't take credit for this one. I do have one of those metal seam guide thingy's, but this looks like it would save so much time!

However, I have one issue...if your fabric isn't cut straight, this wouldn't work as well. A perfect, accurate cut of fabric is essential, mmmkay

Don't you think this is fabulous?? That Martha, she's da bomb!


Signature

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a good idea!!!

    I want to get a serger. Surger. Sirjur. Whatever.

    Someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fantastic idea. I think it would never work for me though, because I never cut my fabric straight (they say never say never, so maybe if I say it enough in this comment, I'll prove myself wrong someday).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...